Kevin Dunn: Foot In Mouth Disease – S2 E29
It all started so normally at first…
This week gets a little crazy. Rory forgot his phone, Nick left early and things get extra NSFW. But of course they do: Kevin Dunn stopped by. One of the foulest songwriters in town Kevin has verbally vomited for tons of Reno bands including Dump Your Boyfriends, Courtesy Stitch, STM and a brief but exciting career as a rapper. We’ve got his ‘version’ of The Rainbow Connection with MC P-Hole on the episode and let me tell you – I don’t remember Kermit saying a damn one of those lyrics! Childhood memories ruined….
Also in the studio is Dan Steinmetz, a long-time drummer on the Reno scene who is currently
herding Kevin drumming for STM. He brings the rock and the solid. We unfortunately didn’t get to talk to Dan as much as we wanted – Kevin had a lot to say. There may have been some shit talking going on… Especially after the bottle of citrus vodka he cradled like a baby.
We did miss an opportunity to talk to a mover and shaker though – there was supposed to be a phoner with DJ Heidilicious, but someone forgot his phone. We’ll have Heidi on in about a month, but until then, here’s a ‘short list of her upcoming shows:
- Thurs 9/13- Live streaming of a DJ collective called Reno Sound Collective – https://www.facebook.com/events/108418002644167/
- Fri 9/14- Crystal Bay Club, Tahoe, Late Night w Roksmyth
- Sat 9/15- Reno ArtBeat at the new Salvagery on Wrondel- fundraiser for Future Kind, local charity futurekind.org- provides underprivileged communities around the world help with educational resources. BBQ and local music showcase of interesting local bands, and also educating the community some conscious and cultural styles of electronic music. meet and greet for the artists, etc. will be showing films various types of music and have local art as well. AND full plate of food!
- 9/21- play at HOME at the new Rise nightclub downtown
- 9/22- 90s party at Seven in West Street Market- games, costume contests etc
Oh – and we didn’t talk about it on the show, but right before, during the ‘preshow’, we found a dead mouse in the backyard. Rory sat down near it and must have bumped it because when we looked it was moving a lot and then about 15 maggots came swarming out. There are only 3 in the picture, but there were lots more that ran. SOOOOO fucking creepy!
And thanks for listening!